BottlePro uses ultra-advanced 4-stage microfiltration technology with activated carbon.
The refill consists of an activated carbon disc and absorbs chemicals, gases, metals and organics due to its microscopic structure and highly porous surface.
As the water passes through the filter, all contaminants are trapped by the activated carbon. The result is clean filtered water ready to drink.
- Filtration rate: 1L/min
- Filtration capacity of one refill: 150 L for 2.5 L/day
- Density of activated carbon fibres: 1-2 µm
- Substances removed: +80
Duration of refill: It is recommended to refill every 2 months in order not to lose filtration efficiency. Why? The refills are made of activated carbon fibres, a material of organic origin that can be a breeding ground for micro-organisms that over time can give rise to the proliferation of bacteria. These bacteria accumulate behind the filter and contaminate the water. In addition, the filtered limescale will eventually reduce the water flow rate depending on the hardness of the original water. On the other hand, our refills are eco-friendly because once used, they can be recycled in the following way:
1. Open the refill to separate the activated carbon and the plastic that covers the refill.
2. All plastic should go into the yellow bin and the activated carbon block into the grey bin.
Advice for use:
- Before first use: Wash the filter with water for 30-60s.
- Once the bottle is full, suck the water through the straw.
- Works best when upright or tilted up to 45 degrees.
Cleaning the bottle: Ideally, you should clean your water bottle every week. Here are the two recommended ways (before cleaning, remove the cap and filter):
1. White vinegar: Vinegar is a great natural cleaning agent that will help you disinfect and sanitise your bottle. Fill it with equal parts water and vinegar. Put the lid on (without the filter) and shake the bottle well, stirring the mixture. Let it soak overnight and then rinse with warm water the next day.
2. Baking soda: Using baking soda is another excellent way to get rid of dirt and bacteria that may have accumulated inside. Put a teaspoon of baking soda in the bottle. Fill the rest with water. Rub the inside of the cap with the baking soda solution as well. Let the bottle sit overnight and then rinse it with water the next morning.
You may also want to buy a water bottle brush to make it easier to clean.
You can choose between an annual subscription, with automatic renewal every year, or a one-off purchase:
1 BottlePro filter bottle
6 refills, each lasting 2 months
Next year £44.00 with automatic renewal